A quick and simple breakdown of how to use our hashtag metrics for your Instagram account! Prefer videos? Watch this guided walkthrough on our hashtag metrics:
What metrics we provide:
Potential Reach 👀
The number of people you’re likely to reach if you rank on a specific hashtag.
The number of people you’ll be competing against on a specific hashtag.
🖤Average Likes / Comments
The average number of likes/comments received on content that has ranked in the ‘top posts’ section of a hashtag.
The total number of posts made in a hashtag.
How to use these hashtag metrics
There is no single method that promises to get your results from hashtags every single time. However, we suggest starting with the staircase hashtag strategy!
Quick hashtag info and best practices
- You will increase the reach of your post with hashtags when you rank in the ‘top posts’ section of a hashtag
- To rank on a hashtag the ‘likes’ on your piece of content must be similar to or greater than the average ‘likes’ of the content that is currently ranking (in the top posts section) on a specific hashtag.
- You may not get results even though you’ve ranked on it if the hashtag has no one looking at it or if because the hashtags aren’t relevant enough, meaning you’re reaching people outside of your target audience.
- You can see the impressions you’ve received from hashtags on a specific piece of your content by going into your post analytics.
- Constantly testing & iterating will lead to the best results.
- Ensure the average ‘likes’ of the hashtag you’re going to use is similar to that of your own content.
- Hashtags that have low competition and high potential reach are going to provide the best results.
We hope this helps, and as always feel free to send us a message if you have any questions! 👋